301. Modest physical activity among elderly old aged people may reduce risk to heart cardiovascular diseases, stroke, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure, arrhythmia and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
302. TensorTip COG non-invasive painless pain needle free Combo Glucometer devices from Israel based Cnoga Medical to read blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes patients. MTX device to measure blood pressure, Hemoglobin, pH, blood cell count, blood gases, cardiac output costing $1000.
303. This injectable gel invented by Edward E. Morrisey, Morrisey Lab can repair broken heart or regenerate heart muscle after myocardial infarction or heart attack. Experiments shows improved heart recovery, more blood being pumped out of heart and small increase in the size of heart.
304. Type 2 diabetes severity may not increase number of health complications such as high blood pressure, kidney renal diseases (CKD), diabetic retinopathy, periodontal (gum teeth) health, depression and foot complications.
305. Acute kidney injury (AKI) is an independent risk factor to heart failure and cardiovascular diseases and enhanced risk among individuals without high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
306. Sudden death is common in patients with both type 2 diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD). Study found reduction in cardiovascular death mortality with heart failure prevention and lower blood sugar glucose levels.
307. High added sugar diet causes enhanced risk to heart attack (myocardial infarction MI) and coronary heart disease (CHD) even to a non-diabetic person. Metabolic functions and cardiovascular risks can be reduced with less added sugar diet even in a cardiovascular patient.
308. Abnormal electrocardiogram ECG common in NBA players. Study shows heart disease problem is a race issue. Physically large or big African American or black NBA athletes are at higher risk to heart cardiac attack, diseases, mortality or death.
309. Fast food take away meal consumption by kids children increases risk to type 2 diabetes, obesity and coronary heart diseases. Boys consume more fast food take away meals compared to girls. Fast food take away meals increases body fats, total cholesterol and LDL or "BAD" cholesterol.
310. Muscle cramp events and its frequency and its severity were linked to nerve function in type 1 diabetes, but not type 2 diabetes. Muscle cramp complications are independent of age, gender and HbA1c or blood sugar glucose levels.
311. Protection to heart muscle tissue from cardiovascular diseases ischemia events with a single acute bout of workout exercise. Researchers says mortality death can be reduced in percutaneous coronary intervention treatment (PCI angioplasty) patients with ischemic or cardiovascular preconditioning.
312. Study shows diabetes and high body mass index (BMI) causes higher risk to cancer. Liver cancer cases constitutes major part of new cancer cases followed by colorectal cancer in men and breast cancer constitutes major part of new cancer cases followed by endometrial cancer in women.
313. Study shows 43 percent higher death or mortality risk, especially among women due to cardiovascular diseases with restless leg syndrome (RLS). The study also found quantum of death or mortality risk increases with the duration of restless leg syndrome (RLS).
314. Biological factors such as glucose sugar levels, obesity overweight body mass index BMI are the factors for for the higher type 2 diabetes risk for American Blacks. Risks can be reduced by controlling blood sugar levels, avoiding smoking, exercise workout, healthy diet and taking medication regularly.
315. Usage of Varenicline (Chantix), a common anti-smoking drug increases emergency room (ER) visit or hospitalization event due to cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack, stroke, peripheral vascular disease, irregular heartbeats (arrhythmias) and angina.
316. Sanuwave has developed dermaPACE device for the treatment of ulcers such as venous, arterial, ischemic, diabetic foot, decubitus and pressure or bed sores. The device stimulates the wound and to restore normal healing process of the body such as tissue repair regeneration and growth of blood vessels.
317. Cardiovascular diseases risk (such as arrhythmia, heart failure, coronary artery disease or ischemic stroke) among chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients with first time usage of long-acting inhaled bronchodilators, either beta-agonists (LABAs) or antimuscarinic antagonists (LAMAs) family.
318. TRAFFIC device for transplanting insulin-producing islet cells for the treatment of type 1 diabetes T1D to control blood sugar glucose levels. This minimally reactive device offers easy removal of failed or dead implanted islet cells from human organ and replace with new insulin-producing islet cells.
319. Aerobic intensity exercise such as aerobic interval training reduces heart failure risks and restores heart’s elasticity elastic nature among middle aged people with sedentary lifestyle. Study found an improved cardiorespiratory fitness, VO2 max and elastic nature of left ventricular muscles.
320. High blood urea nitrogen BUN levels can increase risk of type 2 diabetes (T2D) or high blood sugar glucose levels. BUN is an independent risk factor for the development of T2D. There is a two-way link between type II diabetes and kidney diseases. Increase BUN value indicates reduced kidney functionality.
321. Study shows 6 times increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) during the first 7 days of flu influenza infection. Influenza B strain causes more events compared with A strain. Lower risks with respiratory syncytial virus (RSV HRSV), parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs) respiratory adenoviruses.
322. Study shows breastfeeding reduces type 2 diabetes risk even in those women who developed pregnancy gestational diabetes. Researchers says the association is independent of other risk factors to type 2 diabetes such as overweight obesity or body mass index (BMI), diet, black or white race, lifestyle etc.
323. Risks such as plaque, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke with Clonal Haematopoiesis of Indeterminate Potential (CHIP) in the bone marrow. CHIP may causes other inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, asthma, tuberculosis, periodontitis or sinusitis.
324. Migraine is a risk factor for heart attack, ischemic stroke, atrial fibrillation AFib or irregular heartbeat arrhythmia and cardiovascular diseases. Heart disease risks even after factoring other factors such as diabetes, high blood pressure or hypertension, smoking, obesity or body mass index (BMI).
325. Researchers recategorized diabetes into five clusters for precise diagnosis and early individualized treatment. They are severe autoimmune diabetes SAID severe insulin-deficient diabetes SIDD severe-insulin resistant diabetes SIRD mild obesity-related diabetes MOD and mild age-related diabetes MARD.
326. Yogurt consumption reduces cardiovascular risks such as myocardial infarction MI or heart attack, revascularization (vascular bypass and angioplasty), coronary heart disease and stroke in both men and women apart from improvement in digestion and cognitive functioning in Alzheimer’s patients.
327. Type 2 diabetes patients are at risk to hypoglycemia unawareness. Undetection of hypoglycemia events are too often in people with type 2 diabetes. Researchers have suggested using Hypoglycemia Risk Stratification Tool (Kaiser Permanente) in identifying hypoglycemia events and its signs and symptoms.
328. Higher risk of heart attack with a higher waist circumference and waist-to-hip ratio (WHR). Abdomen fat (apple shape) causes more risk of heart attack when compared to hips fat (pear shape) in men and women. Risk of heart attack increases by 50% in women and by 36% in men with 0.09 increase in WHR.
329. Eating more dietary fibre (such as whole grains, avocados, beans, blackberries, broccoli, chia seeds, lentils, barley) could re-balance gut bacteria, increases insulin production, improve food digestion, reduce blood glucose sugar levels and body weight (weight loss) and prevent type 2 diabetes (T2D).
330. Study shows reduction in mortality or risk of death with aspirin drug pill and no extra heart health benefits with more than 75mg aspirin dose in patients with both type 2 diabetes and heart failure (HF) conditions. But there are increased risks to non-fatal heart attack or stroke in those patients.
Follow us on social media
Diabetes News Chronicle does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information in Diabetes News Chronicle is to support and not to replace medical advice given by surgeon or physician or doctor. Published article is not a medical advice by the OWNER of "Diabetes News Chronicle" website or by the AUTHOR of the article.
Published by Jammi Vasista, Chennai, India.
Address Diabetes News Chronicle, No 40, Kaveri Street, Rajaji Nagar, Villivakkam, Chennai, India. Pin : 600049.